Just tagged and checked in another maintenance release of WPBook, 2.0.11. This will be the last (hopefully) release in the 2.0 series – next up is 2.1, with OAuth 2.0 for authentication. (Facebook is migrating in this direction, which means eliminating by March 2011 some of the calls I’m relying on now).
This release also incorporates all the 2.0.10 changes, but it marked stable – so many of you will jump right from 220.127.116.11 to 2.0.11.
Changes in 2.0.11:
- Removed “add to profile” tab options. (Facebook no longer allows these for individual profiles, only for Facebook Pages, and the button itself is not necessary).
- README updates – link to instructions
- Conditional checking for fb_page_target to avoid ‘premature end of FQL query”
- README updates on profile tabs
- Add pending_to_publish state. (This should pick up posts written by other authors but now approved by an editor).
- Filter JS out of FB share link
- Added more debugging info
Changes which were in 2.0.10 (and thus incorporated into 2.0.11):
- (Changes by bandonrandon, see http://bandonrandon.wordpress.com/2010/10/10/wpbook-2-0-10-beta-release/)
- Move includes into their own directory
- Incorporate FB avatar in comments imported
- New Admin Layout, images
- Bug fix: default for ‘post to facebook’ is set to true
- Links in permissions page point to wpbook.net
- FB tabs view moved to its own file in theme directory
I’ve also updated a few of the directions pages on WPBook.net to reflect more accurately what WPBook can do and what settings are necessary – that work will be ongoing this week to bring the directions up to speed with both Facebook changes and WPBook changes.
In the meanwhile, post in the forums in you’re having difficulty.